Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garbage sound with room eq

Hello Buchardt,

i have a strange issue since a few days with my i150. The issue happens randomly, i would say after one week approximately.
    As soon as a sound is played, whatever the input (i'm using OPT1 & USB), a garbage sound is getting out of the speakers (S400).
    The only way to have the playback sound as expected is to disable the room EQ and to have it to work again is to restart the full calibration process again.
    If i re-enable the EQ without calibration the garbage sound re appears straight

I'm using firmware v9.4 with room EQ and manual EQ.

This looks like a bug to me and it is very frustrating. I hope you will find a solution to this issue.

Hi
    do you have a subwoofer in your setup? If so there is an issue with roomEQ + subs that got addressed in V9.5 (see download area)

Comment

Hi, no i don't have a subwoofer. However i will try firmware update anyway.
      Erratum, i have firmware v9.3 installed.
      tbourgain
      Last edited by tbourgain; 01-08-2022, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Maybe worth a factory reset after the upgrade. Garbage or distorted sound I had once. My failure pattern was the I150 would go silent for no obvious reason. Disabling and re-enabling roomEQ did fix that. Seems solved with v9.5
        Last edited by bernd; 01-08-2022, 08:05 PM.

Comment

I have upgraded to v9.5 and factory reset. Let's wait a few days now.

Comment

Well, it happens again
            I tried to upload a video here but size was too large so i put it on Youtube so you can hear what happens :

My setup is i150 with v9.5, LLE enabled, room EQ and manual EQ altogether. it works fine until it becomes crazy.

I can't accept to have to do the room calibration every 3 days ... please Buchardt !

Comment

Daniel Lindholdt
              Support Manager
              Daniel Lindholdt Well even worse than my temporarily ‚silent' I150. This issue apparently building up over some days - might that hint to some programming flaws such as possible memory leaks?

Comment

Originally posted by tbourgain View Post
                Well, it happens again
                I tried to upload a video here but size was too large so i put it on Youtube so you can hear what happens :

My setup is i150 with v9.5, LLE enabled, room EQ and manual EQ altogether. it works fine until it becomes crazy.

I can't accept to have to do the room calibration every 3 days ... please Buchardt !

Does this happen every time you enable Room Correction or just sometimes? Just need to make sure I understand it correctly, it goes away if you redo the Room Correction, but then returns after a few days?
                Sincerely,
                Daniel Lindholdt

Comment

when it starts to happen it is always i guess. i only tried 3 to 4 times after which i rerun the calibration process to have the correct sound back.
                  As soon as i have the Room EQ enabled i let it enabled all the time.
                  And yes the issue comes back after a few days.

To me it looks like everything begin when i start to play with the Manual EQ but no certainty.

Next time it happens i will disable manual EQ and rerun room EQ to let only Room eq enabled to see if it changes something.

Comment

New behavior now, no more garbage sound but no sound at all ... Moreover I'm unable to run the room calibration (no sound from the speakers).
                  I tried also a factory reset without success, still no sound and no room calibration possible

Comment

After reflashing v9.5 i get the sound back. i will now calibrate with room eq and let mannual eq disabled ...

Comment

bernd : no disabling room eq did not help. i had to reflash.

Comment

Thank you for the continued feedback, please keep it coming, if there is more to add.
                      We are kinda swamped right now with the latest Platin update, but will of course have a deeper look at your feedback, once things settles down a bit again.
                      Sincerely,
                      Daniel Lindholdt

Comment

Working...
                      X