I150 App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I150 App

Is the functionality of the current version of the Buchardt app limited to the room correction for the I150? I understand that the room correction is not finalized and while it functions, is not what the final implementation will look or sound like. I have two options for Bluetooth that pop up when I select my amp in the app, Bluetooth enable and Bluetooth visibility enable. When selected the app reverts to the device selection screen. How do I activate these functions, am I missing functionality because I cannot enable these functions? When will the proper app for the I150 be ready for release?

I also waiting for the Update to get full access to the I150, maybe there´ll be a chance to get a Beta from it to help a quicker release of the new App

Comment

Originally posted by Jon O View Post
      Is the functionality of the current version of the Buchardt app limited to the room correction for the I150? I understand that the room correction is not finalized and while it functions, is not what the final implementation will look or sound like. I have two options for Bluetooth that pop up when I select my amp in the app, Bluetooth enable and Bluetooth visibility enable. When selected the app reverts to the device selection screen. How do I activate these functions, am I missing functionality because I cannot enable these functions? When will the proper app for the I150 be ready for release?
      The current app does not work with the I150, so the functions inside it will not work properly with the Amp, not even Room Correction. You can do the measurements and all, but the result will not be correct, so there is no reason to do this really.

We are working on the new app of course, but we don't have a firm date for the release yet. This app will unlock all the features of the I150, and your trial periods will not start until we have this app released.
      Sincerely,
      Daniel Lindholdt

Comment

• Daniel Lindholdt
        Daniel Lindholdt commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, not setting a firm date is not meant like "We don't know if this will happen in the next 6 months", it's meant like, we can promise a specific date for the release, as the feedback we get from the developers changes very often. It is easier to set an expected timeframe, which at this point looks like 3-4 weeks from now.

We were promised that the app would be ready the 1st of April, which obviously did not happen, and we have pushed the developers pretty darn hard because of this huge delay, and they have made good progress since. But they won't/can't give us a release date, which is why we can't promise anything to you guys either.

This is of course annoying for everyone, and we are doing what we can to get this done, but we also don't want to release something that is super buggy. We do have beta versions at this point with all the functions working, but there are still bugs that needs to be fixed. So the app is working at this point, we just need to get rid of bugs.
        If you would like to, I can write you down as a beta tester?

I hope this can regain some of your confidence with us, even though the situation is not optimal.

• bernd
        bernd commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe my comment was a bit harsh, but as I was pre-ordering so my money traveled your way quite a while ago.
        Also with that clarification your statement is way less disturbing than the initial version. We all learn, that includes myself no doubt.

And yes I’d be happy to contribute as a beta tester (iOS). Just let me know what I can do.

• Daniel Lindholdt
        Editing a comment
        No problem at all, I totally understand that this is frustrating, it is for us as well. This is not how we wanted the launch of the app to go, at all.
        But I get that it is a lot of money and that you have paid them quite a while back, which dosn't help with the frustration.
        We are working hard, and hopefully, with you guys help with beta testing, we can get this app released soon

To speed up the application development test, determine the release date, so that the first amplifier can be accepted by more users!!!

Comment

Hi! I’ve downloaded the beta version of the app and tried out the room correction (my setup is i150 + S400). I’m wondering if this is the actual beta version of the app, since it looks very basic and the only thing it does is room correction without ability to nominate S400 as my speakers. Am i having something wrong here?

Comment

Thank you! I got the correct version of the app now! Correction curve looks and sounds way different

Comment

Does anyone know if Buchardt plans to extend the room correction for the whole frequency spectrum? I guess in the beta version of the app it corrects for under 150hz?

Also, do i get the room correction benefit for my analogue input?

Comment

• bernd
            bernd commented
            Editing a comment
            XLR, hub? This is I150 here, Daniel

• Andrejs
            Andrejs commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the response! Indeed, my setup is i150 + S400, so there is no EQ or master tunings. My room has a nasty resonance somewhere in the upper mids - that is why i was hopeful for the room correction extension

• Daniel Lindholdt
            Editing a comment
            Bah! Thanks for pointing it out Bernd, I was sleeping a bit there

On the I150, Room correction works on all the inputs.

Thank you for the response! Indeed, my setup is i150 + S400, so there is no EQ or master tunings. My room has a nasty resonance somewhere in the upper mids - that is why i was hopeful for the room correction extension

Comment

• bernd
            bernd commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s just partially correct. In fact there is (manual) EQ available beside the automated room correction.

Any news about the app ? Want to turn the auto-off timer to at least 2 hour :P. 15-20 minutes as it is now, is a bit fast... its turned off after i have take a shit .

Comment

• bernd
            bernd commented
            Editing a comment
            Just keep the music playing. Can even cover sounds coming from the bathroom
        Working...
        X