No firmware upgrade, hub still in 469

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No firmware upgrade, hub still in 469

How do I force the hub to upgrade or to download and manually upgrade the firmware?
    Chefers
    / B

same boat. apologies if i posted in wrong place, so i will try again here.

My hub will not update from p15235.469.0

-I tried rebooting from within google home

-I tried unplugging the hub

-Then I tried to "unplug power, press and hold the parring button while you plug power back in. This force install the update. " -> doing this reverted my hub firmware to p15235.100.0 (???)

-once it would not update from this point, I reset hub to factory, and am now back to p15235.469.0

What's next? any ideas? Daniel Lindholdt ?

Comment

And you guys think you are in trouble ;-) My firmware version according to the system is (looked it up by browsing to the IP adres)
      p14843.469.0
      I am for behind if you ask me. If I click the button to upgrade it shows it is upgrading to a typical version:
      Firmware Details
      Existing ls9 image p14843
      New ls9 image p979448378
      Not something like p15..... Can I do so?

Edit: I've tried but it still is
      p14843.469.0
      fLexOdder
      Last edited by fLexOdder; 01-12-2022, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Now, as I have started fiddeling with firmware update and mastertunings, both speakers have locked in left channel and non responsive to the selector above mains inlet.
        Is there a description how to solve this situation? I do not have the time to search all the threads in the forum.
        ... and still have firmware version 469
        Cheers
        /B

Comment

• pescatore
          pescatore
          pescatore commented
          Editing a comment
          Unfortunately no resolution. I am in same situation and until there's a way to update the hub, think the only thing that can be done is to roll back to older master tunings. Regardless of what I have read, the new app's channel assignment does not seem to work with outdated firmware.

• Daniel Lindholdt
          Daniel Lindholdt
          Support Manager
          Daniel Lindholdt commented
          Editing a comment
          If you install the old mastertunings, you will get back to the state before the update. The old mastertunings can be found in our download section as "legacy" tunings.

You may ask Daniel to send you the firmware. You can update it via USB manually then.

Re-assigning the speakers also works with the android beta-app and the old mastertunings.

Comment

Just wanted to confirm..
          My Stereo Hub Web GUI also shows Firmware Current: p14843.469.0

Upgrade - Update showed until now:
          Existing: p14843
          New: one out of p976566074, p0016, p976827962, p589719878 (Seems to be random)

Will my Stereo Hub update automatically? When? It has Wifi Internet Connection every day for 18 hours from 7:00 to 1:00. No connection for 6 hours from 1:00 to 7:00 (CET).
          Would it autoupdate only during night hours?
          Am I supposed to update manually? How would I do that?
          Since there is a 'File' button, where can I get an image file with a new Stereo Hub firmware?

Any advice very much appreciated. I don't want to brick my hub.

klisse

Comment

The update has been temporarily stopped by Platin, as they are working on a few bugs that affects all customers of the hub, not only Buchardt Audio customers.
            So no need to do force updates, it will update automatically as soon as Platin releases the update again. (Force updates don't work at the moment either)

Platin has told us that the bugs should be fixed by tomorrow and they expect to enable the hubs to update again, during tomorrow. We have also received a test build that looks positive.

So it is being handled and your hubs should update within the next few days
            Sincerely,
            Daniel Lindholdt

Comment

I have installed the old master tuning and can play music again.
              It was getting scaringly quiet here as I work from home and I have heard all my funny stories already
              Cheers, ...
              /B

Comment

I was unaware of the update when I went to play music today (15 January 22). The sound was very weird as the centre image was gone. I tried to fix it by installing a different mastertuning (the legacy ones) but ended up losing all sound. I eventually did a master reset and the LED on the front of the hub has been blinking now for several hours. Does this mean it's downloading the update? If so, how long should it take? There are no instructions for what we should do to get our A500s back and running, which is very disappointing. An e-mail should have been sent to all Buchardt owners letting them know about the update, and providing clear instructions of what to do. Not good enough Buchardt. At present the Buchardt app is simply telling me, "No devices were found!"

Comment

Originally posted by Raydio View Post
                  I was unaware of the update when I went to play music today (15 January 22). The sound was very weird as the centre image was gone. I tried to fix it by installing a different mastertuning (the legacy ones) but ended up losing all sound. I eventually did a master reset and the LED on the front of the hub has been blinking now for several hours. Does this mean it's downloading the update? If so, how long should it take? There are no instructions for what we should do to get our A500s back and running, which is very disappointing. An e-mail should have been sent to all Buchardt owners letting them know about the update, and providing clear instructions of what to do. Not good enough Buchardt. At present the Buchardt app is simply telling me, "No devices were found!"
                  Hi

We did send out a news mail about the update, updates the Facebooks group and this forum, including a video guide on what to do. I'm sorry if you did not get this mail, you should have, if you are signed up for our newsletter.

For your specific problem, please try and press and hold the reset button for 3 seconds, then let it boot for 10 seconds. Then remove the power cable from the hub and leave it for a few minutes. Then reconnect the power and let it boot up. Once the LED goes from blinking slowly, to blinking fast, then it is ready to be set up in Google Home again.
                  Sincerely,
                  Daniel Lindholdt

Comment

Still stuck in v.469.
                    Is there any progress in firmware update?
                    And when will there be an usable Android app?

Cheers
                    /B
                    Benn Frisk
                    Last edited by Benn Frisk; 01-19-2022, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• d-man
                      d-man
                      d-man commented
                      Editing a comment
                      same here with 469--wondering when the new firmware will be pushed out.

Originally posted by Benn Frisk View Post
                    Still stuck in v.469.
                    Is there any progress in firmware update?
                    And when will there be an usable Android app?

Cheers
                    /B
                    There is progress, we have received 2 test build so far from Platin, since they took it down, each build has had fewer issues than the one before, so hopefully they will get there soon.

We also received a new build Android app recently, but we really have to put all of our attention on these issues right now, so we haven't tested it much yet. But there is progression, and once the hub issues are gone, we can pick up on the Android app again.
                    Sincerely,
                    Daniel Lindholdt

Comment

The A500 have been working ok since april 2021when I got them. I might be wrong but it seems that the system got unstable when I started fiddeling with different master tunings (obtained from the official download page). Luckily I have the S400 MK1 as well, so it's not dead quiet here at my home office.
                      I've been nagging about the Android app mainly because the functions you deny your customers that refuse to walk in Apples chains.
                      We have paid serious money for this system and expect serious (at least working) functionality.
                      Cheers
                      /B

Comment

Working...
                      X