Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crackling sound

I hope someone can help me.

I am in love with the sound of Buchardt, but alas I am having some issues trying to get everything to work (lots of WiFi issues).

the issue:
    I am now down to one final hurdle: a crackling sound from my left speaker, the sound distortion seems to come from the tweeter. I have it happen a few times a day, mostly from playing lossless Apple Music, but also on Spotify.

The setup:
    A509 with hub.
    I connect my hub to the 2.4 ghz WiFi from my cable modem. My generic hifi network is an Orbi meshed system - but in theory should not come into play. When I control the system I also connect my iPhone to the 2.4 ghz network.

what have I tried?
    The A500s are just over a week old, I am using the MT stock tuning. I have tried different MTs.

Any suggestions? I have read on the forum this is a known issue, not entirely sure if this was solved and how.
    Last edited by ArtDambuster; 10-13-2021, 05:30 AM.

I Have continued trouble shooting, also tried the MT beta that Made put on the Google drive. It seemed at first the cracking had gone, but alas…it is back again. Always the left channel.

Comment

Just an idea but maybe you could swap the speakers (left to right and right to left) and see if the issue follows the speaker.

Comment

There has been an issue with the speakers emitting a crackling noise when playing high-res files, but if you are sure it also happens with Spotify, then this is not the issue.

It could also be interference from WiFi devices. Do you have your router, extender or something like that close to the hub?
        Sincerely,
        Daniel Lindholdt

Comment

I have ordered a 5m Ethernet cable to move my router further away, I will report back.

Comment

The crackling sound has not returned in 2 days, so from that perspective all is well. Moving my WiFi router away from the hub and speakers (was actually a hassle) but seems to work.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtDambuster View Post
              The crackling sound has not returned in 2 days, so from that perspective all is well. Moving my WiFi router away from the hub and speakers (was actually a hassle) but seems to work.
              If you are able to fix the 5Ghz wifi channel your router uses (instead of relying on any auto setting), that may help avoid issues and you may be able to move the router back to where it was. You need some knowledge to choose the channel though. You could start with channel 36 (or nearest if not available - the channel can be represented in multiple ways) and see where that takes you.

Comment

Working...
              X