Subwoofer to pair with S400's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subwoofer to pair with S400's

Anyone running a sub with the S400's? In my small listening room a sub is not needed however when I move them into the bedroom I feel a sub could help some of the low notes in movies. Any suggestions??

We have been working on a shallow discrete subwoofer with a 10" woofer and 500watt power. This is DSP based with build in room correction as well and is a sealed box that would do 20hz. However, we are still some months away from a release, but it would match the S400 really well
    Regards Mads Buchardt.
    CEO

Comment

I use a Rythmik F12 in my small living room (~57 cubic meters) with the S400s. I have found it was reasonably easy to integrate with the speakers, and I like the overall combined performance.

Comment

Have a pair if Velodyne spl800 ultra to mine S400, because I happened to have them. Although you can manage perfectly without a sub.
        My A500 are used in nearfield without sub.

Comment

Originally posted by Mads Buchardt View Post
          We have been working on a shallow discrete subwoofer with a 10" woofer and 500watt power. This is DSP based with build in room correction as well and is a sealed box that would do 20hz. However, we are still some months away from a release, but it would match the S400 really well
          Hey Mads! Yes that would be the first choice so get to it lol!

Comment

Hello,
            My first post here. Been following the Buchard Audio story for a while with interest - my days of multiple boxes, cables etc are over and have started on the active route a few years ago with Dynaudio/velodyne and Benchmark. Been looking at the Dynaudio Focus XD AiO units for next step, but Buchard caught my attention.

The A500/700 very interesting and clearly an evolving platform. I have a a new build house in mind and want to design in hi fi and soundproofing. Get a bit of hygge(?) going in grey UK.

So the subwoofer NPD is interesting. If Buchard are producing your own sub as well as hub, and at the same time tweaking the A500, will there be a bundle A500/sub/hub offering to come, that can be managed/integrated/eq’d etc from one app, plus have the master tunes for 2:1?

Appreciate commercial sensitivity and competitive stuff, but I have been on verge of hitting the buy button for A500 for a while, but would like the musically scale that the floorstanders can provide, and being used to stand mounts and sub, an A500/Sub easy to set up and minimal in WAF clutter, could be just the job.

Thanks

Comment

• Daniel Lindholdt
              Daniel Lindholdt commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi
              You can just post this in the Actives forum, and I'll delete your post here.

@ Mods - this might be better in ‘Actives‘ subforum.

Comment

• Piano0412
              Piano0412 commented
              Editing a comment
              The thread opener explicitly asked about the S400. So rather the A500 thread contributions are offtopic than the thread ;-)

Maybe you missed post number #7 above... ;-)

If you are a mod, please do feel free to move my post.

Otherwise it’s a rather petty way to welcome a new member on his first post. Not as if the admins are inundated with posts to manage.

Not the place for me, maybe not the active speaker brand either.

Cheers. It was almost interesting...
            Last edited by Mainframe; 05-20-2021, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Out of interest, has anyone tried with the recently released SVS 3000 Micro?

Comment

Hello, I'm using SVS 3000 sealed subwoofer along with S400 with excellent results. Crossover set at 50hz. Room is 340 sq.ft. (31 sq. m). Plenty of power down to the high 20's.

Comment

I purchased an SVS 1000 Pro in gloss white finish ($100 extra) to go with my white S400s. This is already a small and light subwoofer. Room is about 3000 m^3 and I sit about 2.3 m from each speaker and about 3m from the sub. I cross over the mains to the sub at 80 dB with 24 dB/octave slopes. The sub goes down to the low 20s in my room (placed near an external wall). There's really not much going on in the 20-40 Hz region in the symphonic music I tend to listen to, so I think the most benefit is running the highpass filter on the mains to relieve them of having to work much below 80 Hz. I may add a second sub that would allow for an even higher crossover frequency.

Here is my in-room frequency response (measured with REW) with the SVS in the system.

In-room frequency response.
                  Last edited by Daverz; 06-28-2021, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X