X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    mbuster25

• mbuster25
    replied
    I paired the S400MK2 with Hegel H95 and added an SVS SB1000 in an open room, sitting about 12' away, it sounds great to me. H95 s spec is [email protected], much less than H190, but it sure doesn't sound weak to me. I listen mostly at volume 50, rarely have turned it past 70 ( on scale 100 max). The hegel sound is slightly warm. No firsthand experience with others.

Leave a comment:

• non

• non
    replied
    Originally posted by MightyMouse View Post
    in my mind Hegel is not a perfect match.
    May I ask why do you would think Hegel is not a good match?

Leave a comment:

• MightyMouse

• MightyMouse
    replied
    It will depend on room and preference but these speaker are pretty forgiving with amplifier matching so I wouldn't worry to much and get the one you like. My 2cents: if money is no objection the Naim Nova would be a quality all-in-one that has all the connectivity options and plenty of power to drive them. The Atom will play fine but is probably not enough to get the best out of them. Hegel is certainly enough watts, 250W in 4 ohm, you need to listen first but in my mind Hegel is not a perfect match. NAD M10 is also lots of features, better priced than the Naim but I'm not a fan of the NAD sound these days. No experience with Lyngdorf and I would avoid the C399 and Technics.

I'm playing the MKII with Rega Aethos at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• -=Qba3d=-

• -=Qba3d=-
    replied
    Hey! Hello Forum! I just recently ordered s400mkII will use it with Sub, and as many here am looking for an amp. I am quite open with the financial side, and was considering five options:

1. NAD M10v2 / C399
    2. Hegel H190 + Node
    3. Lyngdorf Audio’s TDAI-1120
    4. Technics su-g700m2 ( mostly for the amazing looks, great DAC, but I heard its rather bright sounding ).
    5. Naim Atom (Would that be enough?) or Nova

Except for the Technics as its super rare , did anyone actually heard s400's with any of these?

Thanks!
    Kuba
    -=Qba3d=-
    Last edited by -=Qba3d=-; 01-21-2022, 02:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bernd
    replied
    If you are looking at subwoofer integration, the Lyngdorf or the Buchardt might be good choices, as both can perfectly blend speakers and sub in the digital domain. Plus room correction.

Leave a comment:

• MKempes

• MKempes
    replied
    Integrated amps that are well constructed do not change the sound. The IOTAVX S3 is a good choice and even Toppings PA3s would do (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...plifier.27079/). The choice of design preferences and features like streaming, phono stage or room correction should guide your decision.

Again: as long as they're well constructed... not talking about tube amps, etc.
    MKempes
    Last edited by MKempes; 12-04-2021, 04:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• René

• René
    replied
    Hello. I just ordered the new s400 mkii speakers but I don't have any amplifier.

I did some research and found different, and apparently, good solutions at different prices range:
    • For less than 500 euros there is the IOTAVX SA3 (some people prefer without the IOTAVX PA3 power amp),
    • for less than 1000 euros there’s the Audiolab 6000A Play,
    • or the more expensive but interesting Audiolab Omnia around 1750,
    • At 2000 euros the Lyngdorf Audio’s TDAI-1120, already mentioned here,
    • And there is the Buchardt I150 Integrated Amplifier at 2500 euros (or even 2000 if I understood correctly)
    • also, any Rega and Naim amps seems very nice.

Any recommendations? My main sources are CDs and streaming from Tidal. Is there a noticeable difference in sound quality for listening to rock, metal, jazz, at mid to low volume between these amps?

I may add a subwoofer later on.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Hamlap

• Hamlap
    replied
    Ordered my set this Monday. Cannot wait for them to arrive.

Leave a comment:

• Slatapie

• Slatapie
    commented on 's reply
    Very intrigued by the signature! What will the benefits be of the upgrade kit? Love my A500s, but always fun exploring new updates.
  • Nells

• Nells
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Rameaufan,
    if you love the original S400 just keep them with no doubt. It ist your "taste" and there is no need to change then ;-)
    I had the S400 for almost 7 month and really liked them a lot. Sometimes i just missed the clarity of vocals. The sound improved a bit with the room correction of my I150. But nevertheless they were good but not perfect for my room and ears...
    So I ordered the MK II and got those delivered in Octobre. And I was very pleased: Even without using room correction with the I150 or with my old AVR (Arcam) I love them more from the beginning. They fit better to my room and my ears than the original, so i kept the new ones.
    But In appearance I still like the originals better. The MK II look good, too, but are pretty long and look therefor bigger on the buchardt stands.
  • Daniel Lindholdt
    Support Manager

• Daniel Lindholdt
    commented on 's reply
    The MKII is a complete redesign from the bottom up, made by another sound engineer, than the one who designed the original S400. So it is most definitely not a case of "just" some treble added
    The MKII is easier on the amplifier as well, so it does not require the same amount of power as the original one.
  • themanatee

• themanatee
    replied
    I feel like the s400 sounds much better with a powerful 100 watts behind it or more, but it does lack the audiophile showroom sound of a KEF for example. I am worried the new ones just put up the treble and satisfy the showroom types. My question is does the mk 2 need power as much, or can I get away with a lower power and tubes?

Leave a comment:

• Daniel Lindholdt
    Support Manager

• Daniel Lindholdt
    commented on 's reply
    Nope, that one was down to a mounting error from one of the very first speaker sets made.
  • Daniel Lindholdt
    Support Manager

• Daniel Lindholdt
    commented on 's reply
    We learned a few things over time, and our new engineer has a few tricks up his sleeve Can't get into details on how to do it, but we still provide the 10-year warranty, so no need to worry about it
  • Rameaufan

• Rameaufan
    replied
    Originally posted by BigBlue21 View Post
    I have just pre ordered the Buchardt S400 mk ii in walnut... with a long wait on delivery.
    The website says delivery 'early 2020' - any better idea when this might be ? It could be any time up to June !
    I bet that walnut is going to look fabulous! Lucky guy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X