Auto-standby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-standby

Since upgrading to MT 2.0 it seems the auto-standby for the A500 is fairly... aggressive. Is there any way to increase the duration before the speakers go into standby? It seems to be set to about 11 seconds and there is a pop when they turn off.

Does anyone else feel this is too short?

Yeah this is something we have stated also in the documentation of the mastertuning 2.0. We would change this shortly as too many find it annoying. It's there to remove the small hizz when you do not play music on them.
    Regards Mads Buchardt.
    CEO

Comment

Aha, I must have missed that bit in the documentation. My apologies.

Up to now, I've not noticed hiss without placing my ear to the tweeters. I suppose it depends a lot on volume and people's sensitivity.

Comment

Hi

Any updates on when to expect the MT 2.0 without the auto-standby activation in only a few seconds ?

By the way, where can I find the "documentation of the mastertuning 2.0" ?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BigLebowski View Post
          Hi

Any updates on when to expect the MT 2.0 without the auto-standby activation in only a few seconds ?

By the way, where can I find the "documentation of the mastertuning 2.0" ?

thanks
          Hi

Hopefully it should be ready within a few weeks, but I can't promise anything at this point though.

The documentation Mads is referring to are the text files located in the folders alongside the actual mastertuning files. It's not like a massive amount of information that's in them, and we are aware that we need to work on documentation in general
          Sincerely,
          Daniel Lindholdt

Comment

Just got mine today. Note that as I have plans for a 5.1 setup I do not use the stereo hub, instead I use the WiSA SoundSend.

To start off on a positive note I really like the looks. The sound I'm not completely sure of yet, because it's practically impossible to hear a track in its entirety. When the track changes, even if the output format doesn't change there's an almost guaranteed 15-20s delay before the speakers start playing again. The same happens even within a track, if you attempt to seek to a different position in the track. I suppose the few seconds it takes for streaming to seek to the right spot is enough to do it. The speakers go off almost immediately and then it's that waiting game again. Obviously the same thing with not just music but any kind of content. Seems like even a silent period within content is enough to trigger it.

I do not get a "pop" between content, probably because I'm not using the Platin hub. I read somewhere, though I cannot seem to be able to find it again, that the SoundSend itself mutes content briefly (a few seconds) between content changes, presumably to avoid that pop. As far as I can tell I have no way of verifying whether that is happening or not, however if it is, I suspect it may cause a portion of the delay. The SoundSend is the only hub on the market right now with Atmos capability so it's not like I have another option.

There are also other WiSA related issues like one speaker just mysteriously refusing to play content. To fix that nothing in the WiSA app would help (though funnily enough the Chime function still worked fine, so clearly it was successfully connected to the speaker). What eventually worked was attempting to change the channel from the back of the speaker, but just pressing on the button once brought the sound back (and the channel LED did not change - it was in the correct position before and after pressing the button).

Hate to blame you guys for things that are mostly not even within your control, but from a user's point of view the tech just isn't really working. Sadly I may actually have to consider returning these unless things improve, which sucks because I'd rather not have kept that huge box around

Is the May batch able to install the older 1.0 tunings?

Comment

• Julian
              Julian commented
              Editing a comment
              I plan to eventually go 4.0 / 5.1 at some point and am currently using the Platin hub in 2.0. I seldomly have any issues with the hub whatsoever. The only ones that I really have a HDMI handshake issues which I can't 100% pin on the hub it could also be the TV... I have high hopes for the surround hub from Platin, if it would provide current surround formats as well as Airplay 2 it would provide a one box solution with minimalist wiring for >90% of my use cases. The current specifications that I found online looked like they omitted Airplay 2 which would kill the box for me - I would really love to use the box in Stereo for music and switch to surround on HDMI.

Originally posted by Mads Buchardt View Post
            Yeah this is something we have stated also in the documentation of the mastertuning 2.0. We would change this shortly as too many find it annoying. It's there to remove the small hizz when you do not play music on them.
            Please make it adjustable somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by smo View Post
              Just got mine today. Note that as I have plans for a 5.1 setup I do not use the stereo hub, instead I use the WiSA SoundSend.

To start off on a positive note I really like the looks. The sound I'm not completely sure of yet, because it's practically impossible to hear a track in its entirety. When the track changes, even if the output format doesn't change there's an almost guaranteed 15-20s delay before the speakers start playing again. The same happens even within a track, if you attempt to seek to a different position in the track. I suppose the few seconds it takes for streaming to seek to the right spot is enough to do it. The speakers go off almost immediately and then it's that waiting game again. Obviously the same thing with not just music but any kind of content. Seems like even a silent period within content is enough to trigger it.

I do not get a "pop" between content, probably because I'm not using the Platin hub. I read somewhere, though I cannot seem to be able to find it again, that the SoundSend itself mutes content briefly (a few seconds) between content changes, presumably to avoid that pop. As far as I can tell I have no way of verifying whether that is happening or not, however if it is, I suspect it may cause a portion of the delay. The SoundSend is the only hub on the market right now with Atmos capability so it's not like I have another option.

There are also other WiSA related issues like one speaker just mysteriously refusing to play content. To fix that nothing in the WiSA app would help (though funnily enough the Chime function still worked fine, so clearly it was successfully connected to the speaker). What eventually worked was attempting to change the channel from the back of the speaker, but just pressing on the button once brought the sound back (and the channel LED did not change - it was in the correct position before and after pressing the button).

Hate to blame you guys for things that are mostly not even within your control, but from a user's point of view the tech just isn't really working. Sadly I may actually have to consider returning these unless things improve, which sucks because I'd rather not have kept that huge box around

Is the May batch able to install the older 1.0 tunings?
              I was able to get my hands on an Axiim LINK and the delay between content is gone, so it looks like my issue was the SoundSend's fault. I found this post on another forum that seems to confirm it:

Comment

Working...
              X