No announcement yet.

A500 after update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the firmware update and loading the new mastertuning (Tried A700 Warm and A700 Neutral Stock), the tweeter for one of my speakers has significantly lower volume than the other channel. The mid and bass response seems to be the same for each side, but the stereo image has definitely shifted. The amplifier hiss coming from the impacted tweeter is less than that of the unaffected channel. I hadn't had any issues before yesterday's update (Pre-March batch of A700s). Both channels have identical configurations (i.e. Large, 3M). Anyone having any similar experiences?
    Daniel Lindholdt
    Support Manager
    Daniel Lindholdt - Any ideas on a fix? Figured I'd start here before creating an A700 specific thread.

Comment

• setappin
      setappin
      setappin commented
      Editing a comment
      There have several reports of something similar happening (including my own experience) when there is an imbalance between the output of the each channel, although I think it’s more than that as the imaging is weirdly screwed up. As if , like you, the imbalance is only affecting certain frequency ranges.
      I would suggest to try changing the individual speaker channel settings in the app even if they are set correctly for you. My feeling is that there might be a bug related to this. If you read in mine no previous posts, the setting was similar to yours. Once I changed it, everything was ‘fixed’!

• MKempes
      MKempes
      MKempes commented
      Editing a comment
      See some previous posts. In the app you can see that the left speaker is set to "10 m" distance while the right one is at "0 m". Correct this to your listening distance and you're done.

• Daniel Lindholdt
      Daniel Lindholdt
      Support Manager
      Daniel Lindholdt commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Thomas. As you have the old two channel speakers, it sounds like one of the speakers channels, is set to the wrong channel. If you tap the speaker icons in the settings menu, you should see 4 small speaker icons, each representing one channel in the amplifier modules. Two of them should be called the same, and the other two should also be called the same. Make sure that the ones with the same names are assigned to the same channels, so if you have 2 called 5xyz and 2 called 6abc, then the two calles 5xyz should be assigned to the same side, while the two called 6abc, should be assigned to the other one. I hope that makes sense.

HI all, my update seemed to go fine, however I wouldn't say the sound has improved at all, in fact the bass has got less if anything. I've seen a few people mention that in the app they are able to adjust "distance" and make reference to 10m v 0.m - I don't seem to have any form of that adjustment in my app. The only thing I seem to be able to do is do the room calibration and something about the channel levels....which I really don't understand. Can anyone provide an idiots guide?!

Comment

• MKempes
      MKempes
      MKempes commented
      Editing a comment
      Go to the Tab with the loudspeaker-symbol -> click on the loudspeaker -> Select distance -> Adapt & then press Finish. That's it

Hi guys

As you all have noticed, there are some strange small bugs happening, and because of this, Platin has removed the update temporary, so they can get this fixed. The bugs do not only affect Buchardt Audio customers, and we know Platin is working on fixing it, as we have already received a test build.

So if your hub hasn't updated at this point, it will not automatically update right now, and if you have issues you can go back to the old mastertunings, found as "legacy" in our download section.

If it has updated, and you have these weird issues like hollow sound, or no bass, performing a factory reset and removing the power from the hub for a short while will often fix the issues. It might not work the first time, so give it a few tries. Platin has acknowledged that there is an issue with the factory reset function.
    If you have the app, you can also check that the distance in the speaker tab is the same, and also select the "size" to be small, and then back to large.

We are of course sorry that the Platin update is causing issues, but as said, a new version should be released within the next few days. At Buchardt we are of course working really hard to help you guys out, and hopefully this post can help some of you. If you cannot get the issues fixed, do email us and we will look more into it.

And a big shout-out to all of you who are helping out at the moment, we feel very lucky to have such a helpful community

Thank you guys!
    Sincerely,
    Daniel Lindholdt

Comment

• Saici
      Saici
      Saici commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the update, Daniel
      as stated in my post I've (somehow) had differing results depending on the device I've initiated the factory reset from,
      so it would be really handy to have all the default 'from the factory' settings for the speaker models as a reference post.

I've personally fallen into the pit trap of large/small referring to diverting low frequencies to a sub, like in a typical AVR, and had to look for the Highpass hz aswell.
      Originally posted by Saici View Post

I'm running into this issue aswell. I tried rebooting & re-connecting the speakers to the hub first, reset them to factory settings via the Google Home app second and the experimental Android app later. Will get my hands on an iPhone later in the evening so I'll try that aswell.
      Saici
      Last edited by Saici; 01-14-2022, 09:40 PM.

• Watchcollector
      Watchcollector
      Watchcollector commented
      Editing a comment
      Saici
      Saici that's exactly suggested here https://forum.buchardtaudio.com/foru...-mastertunings

Another update: Platin expect to enable the updates again during tomorrow, with bug fixes.
    Sincerely,
    Daniel Lindholdt

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Lindholdt View Post
      Another update: Platin expect to enable the updates again during tomorrow, with bug fixes.
      Thanks Daniel, actually that's good to know as I suspect many of us thought we were going mad, me included!

I did have some sound and update issues but just to say (randomly) I did the small and large switch and back on the app which sorted my strange SQ issue - so for others that's worth a try. Fingers crossed for tomorrow 😉

Comment

Originally posted by MKempes View Post
        ansmt
        ansmt : Did you install the new Mastertunings and rebooted the hub?
        Rebooted hub, resynced to remote and eventually to speakers. Haven't had time to install "new" MTs yet. But did install recently released ones not long ago, early december maybe. The files seem to be dated / last edited on early October 2021. Are the MTs you refer to even newer?

Comment

Hi all,

i had not connected to the forum for a while and just noticed the update and the flood of comments.. I think it’s good news to have improved sound capabilities but of course it seems the update roll out is not smooth for everyone.

Daniel
          Daniel, could you publish a simple checklist for everyone to ensure they are in the correct configuration?

In my case, the upgrade did come and I noticed the 0m-10m issue. I haven’t tried the speakers yet because it’s too early but I’m eager to check everything is ok before I do so. For example, my speakers are shown as “large” in the app, but I have A500s, is that normal ?

one more thing, I noticed my TV is automatically switching to HDMI since a few days (I’m not using the hub for that but my Bluesound node). could have this been caused by the upgrade (the time it started seems to match).

thanks in advance,
          Hervé

Comment

• setappin
            setappin
            setappin commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi
            Daniel
            Daniel. I’d like to second the clarification as to what ‘small’ and ‘large’ actually means?! Surely it doesn’t refer to speaker size as the app displays that I have the A500s? But it also doesn’t make sense that it would refer to room size (we have the room correction for that).

• JimG
            JimG commented
            Editing a comment
            setappin
            setappin it could be clearer, but I think 'small' is for using where you are using a sub in the system. You can then set a high pass filter.

• setappin
            setappin
            setappin commented
            Editing a comment
            JimG. That makes sense, I think. So it should be set to ‘large’ if not using a sub? A simpler solution would be to just enable the high pass filter.

Just for information, in my case auto update of the hub did well, then I put MT warm then...I had both left and right speakers playing both left and right signal. I tried the app (with the 4 speakers) nothing wrong about distance and I tried pairing again, nothing changed then I used the method mad used in the video with hub and remote and it worked perfectly with twice signal for left speaker and 4 ( remote until optical) times for right speakers ! But it was ok and I do have nice separated signal playing with the eq now. By the way
          Daniel
          Daniel you confirm we have to use the I150 app for advanced eq because the Buchardt only app doesn't show those functions.

Comment

• rodion
            rodion
            rodion commented
            Editing a comment
            The new version does have the eq and everything else,but it didn't auto update for me. I deinstalled the old app,and reinstalled the new one from the app store. But I think (not sure) that the I150 app and the other,are the same and just have a different app icon. I had both installed before and they worked the same.

• PetitsPlaisirs
            PetitsPlaisirs
            PetitsPlaisirs commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. Yes it worked, but it is exactly the same app you're correct
            PetitsPlaisirs
            Last edited by PetitsPlaisirs; 01-16-2022, 12:56 AM.

Hi all,

I spent half of today playing all my reference track and I found noticeable improvements since I installed the new MT (extra detail in my case) : the speakers no longer switch off when I play a low SPL (I’m using a Bluesound Node via XLR, not using the hub), higher SPL, wider and refined sound stage, refined nuances on many instruments especially the clarinet in Take Five (which was already great).

Regarding the amount of bass, I had an impression there are slightly more but this is very subtle (there was already a lot… 25Hz is making my windows rattle when I play loud). However I definitely feel more physical punch during bass heavy tracks (for example the intro of Winter’s Child by Camille).

All my listening was done using Tidal Connect to the Node in Hi-fi or MQA when available. When I play via Spotify the sound is okay but not as good as the source is compressed.

I tried playing via the hub and both my wife and I noticed the sound is flatter, so I stopped there. I haven’t tried to re run the room correction though. Would that improve the sound dynamics and density?

HTH,
          Hervé

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Lindholdt View Post
            did they release the update yesterday?

Comment

I just got the hub and speakers a few days ago, and I can't seem to update it from the Android app. I don't have an iOS device, do I just have to wait until the auto updates are turned on again? I have a Windows laptop, would that do me any good for getting the hub updated?

I installed the newest master tunings to the speakers successfully, although I did have to cycle power two times on each speaker to get the ring of LEDs indicating that it loaded. Meaning that for each speaker powering on the first time with the USB drive inserted did not indicate anything, and powering off and on one more time was successful.
            6speed
            Last edited by 6speed; 01-17-2022, 05:09 AM.

Comment

• Saici
              Saici
              Saici commented
              Editing a comment
              There is a way to manually update in the web interface, but I don't think either app updates the hub;
              It just happens automatically over the internet, and I'm personally just going to wait that out.
              Originally posted by Saici View Post
              The speakers have a webserver reachable from their respective IP, e.g. http://192.168.168.22/
              You can find their current IP via Google Home, pressing the gear icon and scrolling down to the very bottom. (It's listed under Info), the iPhone App or your via your router.

Hi again all

I'll touch briefly on the subjects I see mentioned here, let me know if I forget something

Small/large speakers: The naming of this is not very good, and we have had this changed when the app is connected to the I150, as here we can change a lot more things. The app needs to support many more devices, when it is connected to a hub, such as the Platin Surround hub. We have asked to have the small/large thing removed, and just have a high-pass filter instead, but it is not in Platins interest, as they also have surround products.
            For normal operation, this should be set to large. If you have the issue with less bass, please try to select small, accept and then select large again. This should remove the issue.

Distance
            : There is an issue where sometimes the speakers will be set with different distances, creating a hollow sound. Make sure to set the distance to the same for both speakers, so that the latency is the same for both speakers. 3 meters is the default.

The I150 and the hub app are the same
            , and both are usable for everyone. The app came out for the I150 first, which is why it there is an "I150" version, but over time, it will be one app, the Buchardt Audio app. When you open the app and select what device you are connecting to, the app will give the correct options, depending on what you connect to.

You cannot update the firmware of the hub through the app. And in general, you should not try and force the update in any way, it will automatically update when Platin opens up for the updates again. The update will not happen at the same time for everyone, so you might see that some get the update, but you won't. This is normal, and you just need a bit more patience, it will show up The update function when you log on to the hub via a web browser is mostly for development and troubleshooting, not something that should be used to try and force the update.

No, the update is not open at the moment. We are asking Platin for when it will be available, but they cannot give us a specific answer yet. This problem affect ALL users of the hub, not only Buchardt Audio customers, so I'm quite sure Platin is doing all they can to get this fixed asap.

Alright, I think that is all from me for now. I am checking in on the forums as often as I can, but our mailbox in on fire at the moment, and it does take up a lot of my time. So I might not be here every day, sorry about that!
            Sincerely,
            Daniel Lindholdt

Comment

• 6speed
              6speed
              6speed commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks so much for the clarification and information on hub updates. Thank you for being responsive with all the questions and activity in the new year.

• Saici
              Saici
              Saici commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, Daniel
              I can imagine Buchardts inbox being on fire right now; Let us know if we can help out in some way

Hi Daniël,
            I have the feeling I am one of the few “chosen ones” as I have had no troubles what so ever with the recent updates and am enjoying the music without dropouts etc. (I have had more than my share of those though!). After having using your beta app and .475 including a test MT acquired from Mads I deleted the app update and am using the official update. I noticed that the volume control vanishes almost instantly after opening and that that the on/off switch at the upper right corner sometimes turns red?? Overall the app functions normal.
            May I ask when the Buchardt hub/preamp is due? I am sure quite a lot of A series users have the same question after the extended Platin misery!
            I know you are very busy and I don’t expect an answer soon, but I am hoping for a digital AES INPUT.

May the force be with you (and Mads)!

Comment

• Daniel Lindholdt
              Daniel Lindholdt
              Support Manager
              Editing a comment
              Hi, thank you for the kind words and glad to hear you are one of the customers without issues so far, luckily there are more of you guys than the internet might make it look like
              The on/off switch should only turn red when the hub is actually turned off. Is that not the case for you?

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on our own Preamp, as we simply cannot source the parts we need for it, as it is unknown when it will be available at this point. We have hopes for the end of this year, but we can't know for sure. We hear you guys loud and clear, about an alternative to the Platin hub, and we are doing everything we can, to make it happen.
              In the announcement section, there is a development thread, here you can find more details about what connections the preamp is planned to have

I can't tell if it is me, but it seems that a lot of the bass that i used to enjoy has completely disappeared? Has anyone else experienced this? I have to say, i love the sound of the Buchardts.......but these technical issues are becoming really tiring and makes me wonder how much longer I can put up with them...the hub has to go ASAP.

Comment

• MarcDJ
              MarcDJ
              MarcDJ commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, same here on my A700. Esp very low frequencies and the thumb/oemph of bass drums. Since my app does not specify things like small/large, I need to do a factory reset of the hub. But I think I'll just wait for the Platin fix, which should come this week. If not, I'll try the reset in the weekend.
              MarcDJ
              Last edited by MarcDJ; 01-18-2022, 03:36 PM.

• Daniel Lindholdt
              Daniel Lindholdt
              Support Manager
              Editing a comment
              @MarcDJ
              Your app should contain these options, if you tap the speaker icons on the middle tab in the app. If you are using the old Buchardt app, the options are not there, then you should download the latest from the App Store.

• MarcDJ
              MarcDJ
              MarcDJ commented
              Editing a comment
              @Daniel: I don't have an iPhone, only Android. I updated through the hub's website (http://192.168.0.220/windows.asp) to firmware version 481, but low frequencies remain subdued. Volume output is way down now as well, so it made matters worse I guess. ;-) I'll try a factory reset...

Done a factory reset, well... actually I only pressed the reset button for about 3 seconds and did not cut the power after a ten second reboot. I just let the hub do it's thing, restart, etc. Then I paired the remote plus speakers again, connected to Google Home, wifi... and noticed it was still on the new 481 firmware version. BUT... the bass is back! :-) Don't know if the semi-factory reset had anything to do with it, but I'm happy again.
              MarcDJ
              Last edited by MarcDJ; 01-21-2022, 06:14 PM.

Hi yes, i tried switching the small / large button....seemed to make no difference whatsoever! Are we expecting another update?

Comment

Working...
          X