Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long should the remote function on batteries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should the remote function on batteries?

First, I don’t really care that much, but my remote is currently dead after just 1 month, problem is I lost the damn wrench to open the battery compartment.

My immediate problem is going to a hardware store to get the correct wrench )and use gaffa tape to stick it to my speakers not losing them again).

But seriously: 1 month? Is this a common lifespan for the batteries in your experience??

Mine has lasted 6 months so far with the original batteries. Remote gets used pretty much everyday.

The remote screws open with 1.5mm Allen key, quite common. You should be able to pick up as part of a set for a few dollars if you don't already have one lying about.

Comment

Hmm, sounds like something could be wrong with mine, I’ll try one more go with this remote, thanks.

Comment

Samsung uses remotes with a solarpanel built in, powering a battery. The way to go for many I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtDambuster View Post
          Hmm, sounds like something could be wrong with mine, I’ll try one more go with this remote, thanks.
          I would say my batteries last as long as you've described. I've had the A500s since release in summer 2020 and I've changed batteries about 10 times.

And I've tried different brands and 'tiers' of AAA batteries too, didn't make much of a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by rEmEdEEh View Post

I would say my batteries last as long as you've described. I've had the A500s since release in summer 2020 and I've changed batteries about 10 times.

And I've tried different brands and 'tiers' of AAA batteries too, didn't make much of a difference.
            Wow - that sounds weird. I've had mine six months and am still on the original batteries.

Comment

As I understood some remotes have a weak contact due to manufacturing differences, it was recommended to try to insert two small aluminum foil balls to improve contact. I thought I had to change my battery early on and once I inserted the aluminum foil it turned out it had to do with limited contact - worth a try.

Daniel Lindholdt are replacement parts with "perfect" contacts available?

Comment

Working...
              X