Speakers locking to "Front Left" via XLR - not even using WiSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers locking to "Front Left" via XLR - not even using WiSA

I have A500's that have had pretty much all the issues people post about. Accordingly, I've given up entirely on the Platin hub and have since been using them via the XLR inputs only. Everything has been working fine via that method. Decided I'd finally try some of the new master tunings out. Flashed both speakers fine to the Theoretical, then back to Stock Tuning. The flashing process seemed weird, it took 4-5 times on each speaker of turning the switch off/on to even get them to recognize the usb stick (Buchardt supplied usb stick) and actually flash the speakers. Not sure if it is supposed to work like that now as I haven't flashed the speakers in some time - but from the videos and documentation available, it doesn't seem it should take so many off/on flips for the speakers to detect the USB is plugged in and has a MT file on it. Anyone else experiencing this when changing MT's?

In any event, now the speakers turn on, then after about 10 seconds lock themselves in "Front Left" mode again. I had thought this issue has been resolved, but apparently not. Coming soon still? Keep in mind, the Platin hub is set to "off", and I'm playing music via XLR. The only way to fix it and release the speakers from being "Front Left" locked is to unplug the Platin hub completely. Even when set to "off" it apparently can override the XLR input and lock both speakers in "Front Left" (mono mode?). Unfortunately, still waiting for the day these speakers just work without issues!

Sorry to reply with something obvious, but this happened to me today where both speakers locked to 'Front Left' after I flashed a different Mastertuning. Finally, after an hour or so repairing to the hub (and switching them both off and on) and reading the forums, I read the A500 manual and saw that to switch the speaker channel you just press the speaker repairing button briefly. I felt a bit of a dork, but it's not obvious until you read it in the manual (although if you read the small writing on the speaker above the little pairing button it says "Channel Select"). Apologies if you already did this.
    The flashing of the Mastertuning was pretty instant for me, just the circular ring of lights (with USB stick in place) and it was done (I make sure it is the only file on the stick). I am using the hub though (p14843.469.0), not sure if that affects anything.

Comment

• AdamC
      AdamC
      AdamC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the help, I appreciate it! I wish it were as easy as pressing the repair/speaker assignment button on the back of the speakers. On my pair, the button doesn't respond or do anything when pressed. As long as my hub is plugged in to power, both of the speakers lock in mono and I cannot override them or change assignments.

[QUOTE=AdamC;n1486]I have A500's that have had pretty much all the issues people post about. Accordingly, I've given up entirely on the Platin hub and have since been using them via the XLR inputs only. Everything has been working fine via that method. Decided I'd finally try some of the new master tunings out. Flashed both speakers fine to the Theoretical, then back to Stock Tuning. The flashing process seemed weird, it took 4-5 times on each speaker of turning the switch off/on to even get them to recognize the usb stick (Buchardt supplied usb stick) and actually flash the speakers. Not sure if it is supposed to work like that now as I haven't flashed the speakers in some time - but from the videos and documentation available, it doesn't seem it should take so many off/on flips for the speakers to detect the USB is plugged in and has a MT file on it. Anyone else experiencing this when changing MT's?

Downloaded 7 of the MT's on to individual memory sticks (all the same type plus the BA supplied). Formatted all the sticks at the same time. I am dumbfounded, frustrated and confused. 4 of them work and will load, 3 of them will not. Just spent the last few hours redownloading, actually pulling files from the ones that already worked, and still nothing. The sticks show the files on my computer, and i performed all actions exactly the same with all sticks. Any suggestions, insights, much appreciated. (on a MAC laptop if that makes any difference). thanks in advance.

Comment

• Daniel Lindholdt
      Daniel Lindholdt
      Support Manager
      Daniel Lindholdt commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the speakers are picky about the USB sticks I would suggest using the stick that you know is working, and then have the files sorted on your PC/mac instead of using multiple different sticks. The BA stick should work fine, and the reason we include this is because we know the speakers are picky about other USB sticks, even in a case like yours where the sticks are identical.

I cant speak to the Mac but i found that i had a similar problem and it was the formatting of the drive that was the problem. FAT32 is rarely used and windows (I know you are using a Mac) can have problems with it. When i had the problem, i took the MT that would not load and loaded on a drive that had a working MT (obviously you have to delete the working file) and tried it. In every case it worked for me. Not saying this is your problem but its an easy and quick test to see if its the drive, format or MT.
    PS - Of the 5 drives i purchased, 2 of them would not format

Comment

Originally posted by AdamC View Post
      I have A500's that have had pretty much all the issues people post about. Accordingly, I've given up entirely on the Platin hub and have since been using them via the XLR inputs only. Everything has been working fine via that method. Decided I'd finally try some of the new master tunings out. Flashed both speakers fine to the Theoretical, then back to Stock Tuning. The flashing process seemed weird, it took 4-5 times on each speaker of turning the switch off/on to even get them to recognize the usb stick (Buchardt supplied usb stick) and actually flash the speakers. Not sure if it is supposed to work like that now as I haven't flashed the speakers in some time - but from the videos and documentation available, it doesn't seem it should take so many off/on flips for the speakers to detect the USB is plugged in and has a MT file on it. Anyone else experiencing this when changing MT's?

In any event, now the speakers turn on, then after about 10 seconds lock themselves in "Front Left" mode again. I had thought this issue has been resolved, but apparently not. Coming soon still? Keep in mind, the Platin hub is set to "off", and I'm playing music via XLR. The only way to fix it and release the speakers from being "Front Left" locked is to unplug the Platin hub completely. Even when set to "off" it apparently can override the XLR input and lock both speakers in "Front Left" (mono mode?). Unfortunately, still waiting for the day these speakers just work without issues!
      Hi Adam
      What happened the times the speaker did not recognize the USB stick when you tried to install a new mastertuning?

It is normal behavior that the speakers will select a random assignment when the hub is turned off. The hub is controlling the left/right assignments, and since this is turned off, the speakers will just go to a random channel. But this makes no difference when listening via XLR, as now the signal is controlled by whatever device you use to feed the speakers with signal.
      It makes not difference what channel the speakers are set to when using them this way.
      So no need to worry about the speaker assignment when using XLR, and them jumping to a random assignment is not a bug.

I hope this makes sense.
      Sincerely,
      Daniel Lindholdt

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Lindholdt View Post

Hi Adam
        What happened the times the speaker did not recognize the USB stick when you tried to install a new mastertuning?
        Nothing at all, the speakers turned on, but just ignored the plugged in USB stick. I have gotten it to successfully recognize the stick by 1) turning the speakers off, 2) turning the speakers back on, 3) inserting the USB stick while the speakers are on, 4) turning the speakers off 5) turning the speakers back on. This repeatedly results in the speakers detecting the stick and MT file. However, if for example I first turn the speakers off, then insert the USB stick, then turn back on, they do not recognize the USB stick until I again flip it off and on again 2-3 more times. It's very strange. I will also say that this behavior is recent, with the MT 1.0 files months ago, all I had to do was plug in the stick and flip the speakers off/on like in the Buchardt YouTube video. I haven't changed anything with how I load the MT files to the stick, it's using my same computer, and it is the stick that came with the speakers.

It is normal behavior that the speakers will select a random assignment when the hub is turned off. The hub is controlling the left/right assignments, and since this is turned off, the speakers will just go to a random channel. But this makes no difference when listening via XLR, as now the signal is controlled by whatever device you use to feed the speakers with signal.
        It makes not difference what channel the speakers are set to when using them this way.
        So no need to worry about the speaker assignment when using XLR, and them jumping to a random assignment is not a bug.

I hope this makes sense.
        What you said does make sense. But I suppose the issue isn't just a random speaker assignment -it's actually interfering with playback via XLR. When the Platin hub is turned on, it overrides the XLR (while the XLR input is actively receiving audio and playing) and changes the assignments of the speakers to mono-locked left. So I understand that you said this shouldn't affect playback, but, when this happens, this interrupts (briefly) any playback of XLR until the speakers go back into to XLR playback mode. This happens even when nothing is being streamed or played through the Platin hub, and when the Platin hub is set to "off". It's almost as if the Platin hub is sending out data to the speakers on its own - this issue happens with zero inputs connected to the hub. It didn't happen prior to the new MT files I just put on, but I suppose it could have something to do the the Platin firmware since I was reading how it auto-updates itself. So, I guess it's possible the thing updated itself in the past few weeks or so. As of now, the only way I can get XLR playback to be not interrupted is to leave the Platin hub completely unplugged from power. As for non-XLR (WiSa) playback, I can't do it at all properly, any time the hub is plugged in, it's all locked mono-left since installing the new MT files. The button on the speakers to change speaker assignments do not respond and do nothing when pressed. It's just a bummer, because I was looking forward to the new MT files, but it seems more issues are popping up.

Comment

Not sure of whether to create a new thread or not as this is the same subject but my speakers no longer lock onto their correct (or last) l/r configuration.
          After shut down and turning back on, both speakers lock on to the left speaker.
          I am able to change the easily but am confident this is not it is supposed to work.
          Having to reset the wifi (sometimes) and the speaker position (all the time) every time i turn on the hub tells me something is broken and not working as intended

Comment

Originally posted by muslhead View Post
            Not sure of whether to create a new thread or not as this is the same subject but my speakers no longer lock onto their correct (or last) l/r configuration.
            After shut down and turning back on, both speakers lock on to the left speaker.
            I am able to change the easily but am confident this is not it is supposed to work.
            Having to reset the wifi (sometimes) and the speaker position (all the time) every time i turn on the hub tells me something is broken and not working as intended
            Hi
            The issue with the speakers forgetting what channel they are assigned to, is something that some experience, and is being addressed with the new app, where you can lock the channel selection, so this does not happen. If you have the latest version of the beta app, you can already do this.
            In what situations do you need to reset the wifi router?
            Sincerely,
            Daniel Lindholdt

Comment

Sorry, my error. Did not mean reset wifi meant repair wifi (with speakers).
              Meaning, after turning on hub and sending signals sometimes the speakers will not pai (just mentioning as this bug keeps popping its ugly head up). Other times speakers its just both speakers start playing the same channel (left or right).
              Was trying to communicate I have two problems 1) the pairing issue once the hub is turned on and 2) the channel assignment problem.
              Are you referring to the apple app? I dont have an apple phone so I am out of luck?

Comment

Sorry, my error. Did not mean reset wifi meant repair wifi (with speakers).
                Meaning, after turning on hub and sending signals sometimes the speakers will not pai (just mentioning as this bug keeps popping its ugly head up). Other times speakers its just both speakers start playing the same channel (left or right).
                Was trying to communicate I have two problems 1) the pairing issue once the hub is turned on and 2) the channel assignment problem.
                Are you referring to the apple app? I dont have an apple phone so I am out of luck?
                No, there is a beta version of the upcoming app available in our downloads section, this is for Android. In this app, you can also lock the channel selection, and this should at least fix the issue were the speakers "forget" their channel assignments, but it might also solve the issue with you have to pair the speakers.
                When you turn off the hub, do you remove power completely from it, or do you just turn it off via the remote? Have you tried not turning it off, and let it go to stand by mode by itself, and see if that makes a difference?
                Sincerely,
                Daniel Lindholdt

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have looked at the download section of the web and see nothing. I will go look again. My sight should be getting better not worse after recent surgery :-(
                  I do NOT remove the power completely from the hub. I turn it off via the remote.
                  I typically do not let it go to standby mode. Sometimes i forget and come back to find it off. I will try to do that going forward..
                  I know the pairing issue MAY not be a speaker issue as it could always be my wifi so i am just talking out loud here. I did not mention but i have it frequently happen where one speaker stops playing for a few seconds and then comes right back on playing as if it were something that got in the way of the wifi signal temporarily. Again, may not be a speaker issue (could be wifi) but bringing it up in case others have the same problem and have a potential solution.

The biggest problem is all mentioned issues above are intermittent. I cannot get them to reproduce on demand. Its like taking your car in because of the engine noise and when you get there, there is no noise

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have looked at the download section of the web and see nothing. I will go look again. My sight should be getting better not worse after recent surgery :-(
                    I do NOT remove the power completely from the hub. I turn it off via the remote.
                    I typically do not let it go to standby mode. Sometimes i forget and come back to find it off. I will try to do that going forward..
                    I know the pairing issue MAY not be a speaker issue as it could always be my wifi so i am just talking out loud here. I did not mention but i have it frequently happen where one speaker stops playing for a few seconds and then comes right back on playing as if it were something that got in the way of the wifi signal temporarily. Again, may not be a speaker issue (could be wifi) but bringing it up in case others have the same problem and have a potential solution.

The biggest problem is all mentioned issues above are intermittent. I cannot get them to reproduce on demand. Its like taking your car in because of the engine noise and when you get there, there is no noise
                    The app is not that easy to find, as it still just a beta, but here it is:
                    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...SN?usp=sharing

Regarding drop-outs in one channel, then this is not related to your wifi connection. If it is wifi, both channels will drop at the same time, as the hub does not get any signals. When one speaker is dropping, it is mostly related to the WiSA connection between the speakers and the hub. There is a known issue with one speaker dropping connection, and we/Platin/WiSA are looking into it.

Give the beta app a try, lock the channels and see if it makes a difference
                    Sincerely,
                    Daniel Lindholdt

Comment

The app is not that easy to find, as it still just a beta, but here it is:
                    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...SN?usp=sharing

Regarding drop-outs in one channel, then this is not related to your wifi connection. If it is wifi, both channels will drop at the same time, as the hub does not get any signals. When one speaker is dropping, it is mostly related to the WiSA connection between the speakers and the hub. There is a known issue with one speaker dropping connection, and we/Platin/WiSA are looking into it.

Give the beta app a try, lock the channels and see if it makes a difference
                    Ok, will give it a shot and report back.

Comment

Ok, will give it a shot and report back.

Since I wrote last time, there has been some news about these drop-outs. Have a look here
                      https://forum.buchardtaudio.com/foru...porary-fix-now
                      Sincerely,
                      Daniel Lindholdt

Comment

FYI- The app does not work for me. As mentioned above by others, it cannot find any devices. The hub is on the same network as i can do a network scan and see all devices. It is there, along with my phone so there is still some work to be done on the app. I know its beta but thought I would provide my experience so far.

I will read the link you posted above
                        Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X